Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fanboying Heroes of the Storm part 1.


So I've started playing this awesome MOBA (it stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) called Heroes of the Storm and it is AMAZING!

So this game has the mixed draft of Diablo, Starcraft and World of Warcraft. So you can say this is an all star battle. I've played a lot of mobas recently including Dota, League of Legends and some Heroes of Newerth too. But this game is the definite essence of "TEAMWORK", for reals. You don't level up individually, you level up as a TEAM. I also like the innovative mechanics they have on objective taking, if you miss an objective, you will have a bad time, I guarantee you. This game is so unique that they don't have the "you gotta buy items to get stronger" cliche. All you have are a set of talents, you get to decide how to build your character, for example, a melee support, you can either build it to be a bulky tank, or a CC-based hitter. It's all up to you, of course you gotta build your hero the way the teams need it to be built, TEAMWORK, never forget.

Personally, my favorite heroes would be ETC (Elder Tauren Cheftain) and Raynor. ETC has the sustain and movement speed for my play style and is very useful in team fights while Raynor is a good damager/killer/kill stealer character (mehehe). Right now I am trying to learn Illidan and Tyrande which are also awesome set of heroes.


That was just the concept and mechanics of the game despite it being still in its Beta. I have so much to praise about this game. Maybe I'll do a part 2 fanboy rant for this game. We'll see, we'll see.

1 comment: